Be like my promise at my previous post that is i will posting how to backup the data in the widget / page element.
If emerging question do we require to back up the data in page element? the answer is very require to. Because if you change your old template with new template, hence the data in page element will follow to be vanished, and you'd lose all data be like : guest book, blog accessory, blog tool, and also all which have been attached in your blog forever.
Many the way to back up the data in Widgets / page element, but i'm limitation of time to comment it in detail, hence I will try explain just two way, that is backing up directly from Page element and also backup from template source code.
Back up widgets in this way be in fact very disturbing, however than we lose various accessory and also tool which have been attached, wiser likely to do so.
Please follow the steps below :
- Login to blogger with your ID
- Click Layout.
- Click menu Page Elemet, you will see the page be like this ( just example):
- At representative of above seen the article edit which I give red circle, You must click at Edit in each the page element, hence will emerge popup window figuring in the code have in input to that. Pay attention the picture below :
- Copy the code inside there, and paste to Notepad.
- Repeat the step above at all the elements.
There is the step how to back the data inside page element. This is the other way to backup your widgets.
I think this way is more quickly and efisian, you need a few time to do this. This is the steps :
- Visit your blog address.
- After you at your self blog, click the menu View at the bar menu. See the picture below :
- After click the menu View, will be out the sub menu, then click Source.
- if your browser is Internet Explorer, so there is automatically will out the notepad with your template source code. If your browser is Mozilla Firefox or Opera, so there is out the new page with your template source code For example, see the picture below :
- Save your template source code.
If your question, where is the widgets code? there is always begin with :
And in terminating with code :
For example, in my template source code. there are code be like this :
So, my widget code is like this :
I hope with this post you become know how to backup your widget template. So, if you want change your template with a new template. Please don't forget to backup your template and your widgets too.
In my next post, i will discuss about How to change the template/theme.
See you in my next post.